Leiffer Trail Accessibility Improvements
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Leiffer Trail Accessibility Improvements
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Complete accessibility improvements on the exisiting Leiffer Trail at Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park to bring the trail into compliance with the California State Parks accessibility guidelines and associated legal mandates. Work will: Excavate approx. 8 yards^3 to install rock retaining walls approx. 1' wide by 2' high by 250' long; Excavate approx. 2 yards ^3 to construct 18" high causeway rock walls approx. 1' wide and 132' long; Construct and install a total of 88 LF of boardwalk; Excavate 3 yards^3 to install four (4) abutments for two (2) bridges over existing seasonal ditches; Remove approx. 2, 195 feet^2 of existing trail (decompact the trail surface and use native seed/mulch to help revegetate the former trail corridor); Excavate to establish approx. 5, 120 feet^2 of new, rerouted, trail that will comply with the accessibility requirements; Excavate two (2) 20' x 20' x 1' areas to install an accessible parking space near each trailhead; Replace two (2) redwood benches located at overlooks along the trails; and Excavate, by hand, up to fourteen (14) 6" wide by 36" deep holes to install 4" by 4" redwood posts for accessible trail information signs, parking signs, and directional signs.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Phone : (707) 445-5344
- Del Norte
- Other Location Info
- Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S: 15301, 15303, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the minor alteration of existing public facilities involving no expansion of use beyond current levels; the construction and location of limited number of new, small structures; and the minor public alterations in the condition of land which do not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees, included as "Modifications of existing facilities for disabled access", "Construction or installation of interpretive signing or panels", "Trail construction or realignment" and "Trail removal" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR S: 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.