Effluent Pond Liner Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Effluent Pond Liner Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project will replace the pond liner at two effluent ponds at SCC, including the approx 3.7-acre Pond 7 and approx 3-acre pond 8. The existing liners are 21 years old and changes in the water levels as well as exposure to sunlight have led to their deterioration. The project includes pumping existing water into adjacent ponds, removing debris to prepare clean surfaces for the new liners, and installation of new liners using an anchor trench to secure the liners. Trenching will occur on the berms of the ponds. Existing fencing around the ponds will be removed and replaced in the same location. Gravel access roads will be repaired as necessary. A qualified biologist evaluated the site on March 7, 2017 and concluded that the project will not impact sensitive plants and/or wildlife species. This project is needed to ensure unimpeded operation of wastewater treatment at SCC.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Rd, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3010
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15302, 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of alterations to an existing facility and involving negligible or no expansion of use and replacement of existing structures on the same sites, same purpose and capacity as the structures replaced. This is one of a class of projects that the secretary for resources has found do not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document. None of the exceptions to a notice of exemption apply.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.