Laguna Channel Routine Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0218-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Laguna Channel Routine Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0218-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2016-0218-R5, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to the city of Santa Barbara public works dept represented by Sara Iza and Chris Toth. The project is a continuance of routine maintenance activities within Laguna Channel previously permitted with CDFW under streambed alteration agreements 5-476-9, 1600-2008-0388-R5, and 1600-2014-0246-R5. Continued routine maintenance activities will consist of vegetation removal and thinning in a patchwork pattern along Laguna Channel, a distance of approx 1,700 lf, starting from Cabrillo Blvd over Laguna Channel to HWY 101. Non-native and invasive vegetation such as water hyacinth will be removed. Native aquatic vegetation will be thinned by cutting the stems to just below water level, a height of 6-12 in above the root structure. All native vegetation root structures will remain in place. Previously restored banks and tops of banks will not be disturbed. There will be no tree removal occurring. Vegetation removal and thinning activities will take place using hand tools, a small boat, and roll off boxes located at the top of the banks away from all previous restoration areas. Routine maintenance activities are proposed once a year.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Rd
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 498-2385
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves the maintenance and minor alteration of an existing facility involving negligible or no expansion of capacity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.