Ski Run Marina Temporary Pier Extension (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0271-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Ski Run Marina Temporary Pier Extension (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0271-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2016-0271-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Mansor Alyeshmerni. The project is limited to extension of the existing pier by 152 ft into Lake Tahoe by means of attaching a temporary floating dock, via a gangway attached to the end of the existing fixed pier. The floating extension and a side bar extension to the floating dock will be secured by 14 twelve in diameter steel pilings driven into the lake bed. When the temporary pier extension is removed the pilings will be removed from the lake bed and conditions restored. The determination of the tenure for the pilings will be based on lake water levels. If the lake surface elevation returns to the existing average elevation for a period of 6 consecutive months, allowing boat and passenger access via the current permanent pier, then the pilings will be removed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-1124
- South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project has a small footprint in marginal fish habitat on Lake Tahoe. Best management practices will ensure less than significant impacts during pile driving and subsequent piling removal activities. Additionally this project is intended to be a temporary extension of the existing pier with less than a 50% expansion of the current footprint.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.