Continuation of Goat Grazing in the State Responsibility Area
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- East Bay Regional Parks District
- Document Title
- Continuation of Goat Grazing in the State Responsibility Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the project is to continue targeted goat grazing as a vegetation treatment in high fire danger locations in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties consistent with the goals of the East Bay Regional Park District 2010 Wildfire Hazard Reduction and Resource Management Plan. Goat herds of 200 to 300 animals will be used to browse on woody vegetation up to 6 feet above the ground. Goat grazing as a vegetation treatment focuses on selectively removing understory trees and brush to reduce fire hazards, improve tree growth, and increase forest health and resilience. It is an ideal treatment method on steep terrain and creates a desirable vertical separation between the canopy and ground cover.
- Contact Information
East Bay Regional Parks District
2950 Peralta Oaks Court P.O. Box 5381
Oakland, CA 94605
Phone : (510) 544-2320
- Contra Costa
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- ERBPD has reviewed the project, along with its environmental setting, and has determined it to be categorically exempt from the California Environmental Quality act (CEQA) requirements under Article 19. Categorical Exemption of the State CEQA Guidelines: Section 15304 - Minor Alterations to land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.