Via Ballena - Shorecliffs Golf Course Landslide Repair (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0131-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Via Ballena - Shorecliffs Golf Course Landslide Repair (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0131-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2016-0131, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to OC Re-Hab 1, LLC. The project will repair a landslide area between houses along Via Ballena and the fifth hole of the golf course within the Shorecliffs Golf Club. The project will remove landslide debris and reconstruct the hillside slope that failed. A series of back drains, terrace drains, down drains, and other surface and subsurface drainage improvements will be installed on the reconstructed hillside. The stream at the toe of the hillside slope will be replaced with underground storm drain infrastructure. The project will install a 7 foot by 7 foot box culvert which will connect the existing culvert underneath Interstate 5 upstream of the project area to the existing culvert at Via Cascadia downstream of the project area. The installed culvert will convey surface flows through the project area.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 467-4223
- 33.44378°'"N 117.63814°'"W
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will prevent an emergency. Evaluations of the previous landslide areas show that there is a high probability of additional landslides in the area if not mitigated by the project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.