Pit 5 Powerhouse Access Road Culvert Improvement Projet, WDID# 5A45CR00508, Montgomery Creek, Shasta County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Pit 5 Powerhouse Access Road Culvert Improvement Projet, WDID# 5A45CR00508, Montgomery Creek, Shasta County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Pit 5 Powerhouse Access Road Culvert Improvement Project consists of installing a larger culvert with rock and concrete retaining walls. The larger capacity culvert will reduce the risk of erosion failures of the access road and parking lot of the PG&E Pit 5 Powerhouse. The project is an improvement of an existing creek crossing. The benefits of the project include reduced interruption of access to the powerhouse and reduced potential for sediment discharges to the Pit River from erosion related failure of the crossing.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4845
- 40.987844°'"N 122.976196°'"W
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project is Categorically Exempt under CEQA Section 15301 because it is a repair and improvement, with negligible expansion, of existing features that are part of a hydroelectric facility. The project will reduce threats to water quality and habitat posed by the existing undersized culvert.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.