The proposed project involves the removal of waste and adjacent impacted soils from the inactive City of Los Banos Landfill, owned and operated by the City of Los Banos. The non-concrete waste will be transferred to the Billy Wright Landfill, operated by Merced County Public Works or Kettleman Hills Landfill in Kettleman City, CA. The purpose of the project is to obtain "clean closure" status. The project would involve the excavation, segregation, and removal of materials from the old landfill using a variety of heavy equipment.
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.