The City of Huron would enter into a long term agreement with the Bureau of Reclamation to obtain use of approximately 200 acres of land to grow non-human consumption crops with he treated effluent. Approximately 188 acres of land would be converted to agriculture, which would require improvements on the land such as installing an irrigation system and grading. Within the existing WWTP, the city will rehabilitate the plant's headworks, replace aerators in the treatment ponds, line certain ponds and add an emergency storage pond. Other miscellaneous improvements include access roads, fencing and signage.
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.