Gutierrez Street Bridge Replacement Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0213-R5)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- Gutierrez Street Bridge Replacement Project (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0213-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2016-0213-R5, pursuant to Section 1602 of the fish and Game code to the City of Santa Barbara Public Works department. The project, as proposed, will remove the structurally deficient, 36-foot wide bridge over Mission Creek and replace it with a 61-foot long, 43-foot wide span bridge. Abutments for the new bridge will be cast in place and require drilling with high density drilling slurry. The new bridge construction will be pre-cast offsite and set in place using a large crane eliminating the need for falsework within the streambed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 498-2385
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Class 2 Section 15302 exempts the replacement or reconstruction of existing structures where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced. This project removes the old bridge and replaces it with a new bridge located on the same site with substantially the same purpose and capacity as the old bridge.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.