Removal of Dead and Dying Trees
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Removal of Dead and Dying Trees
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR has approved the removal of up to 11 mature Coast Redwoods situated in landscape beds bordering Palm Drive within the Former Preston Youth Correctional Facility in Ione, California. All 11 trees are either dead or dying; while some individual trees appeared to be recovering in spring 2015 following the near normal rainfall of 2014/15; the majority of the trees are now either fully dead or in an advanced state of decline.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-1141
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15304,15331 C:1,4,31
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project meets the criteria of classes of projects the Secretary of Resources has found do not have a significant adverse effect on the environment, and therefore are declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.