Goleta Beach Revetment Maintenance - Implementation of CDP Condition 2.D (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0238-R5)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Goleta Beach Revetment Maintenance - Implementation of CDP Condition 2.D (Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0238-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project fulfills special condition 2.D of Coastal Development Permit No. 4-14-0687 involving the periodic maintenance of beach sand cover over any exposed portions of an existing rock revetment to protect Goleta Beach Park facilities, maintain coastal access, and provide aesthetically-pleasing beach conditions. Use of sand from the beach berm at Goleta Slough Mouth is not permitted at this time; therefore, sand for this project will be imported from approved sources. The primary approved sand source and plan is to obtain 6,000 cubic yards (cy) of beach-compatible sand from Santa Barbara Harbor/West Beach and transport it to Parking Lot #6 at Goleta Beach Park. The sand will be stockpiled at this site and any overflow will occur within Parking Lot #7. Each maintenance event will be limited to 1,000 cy of sand and will involve moving sand from the stockpile to cover exposed sections of the revetment. A total of 0.08 acres of CDFW jurisdiction consisting of sand will be impacted through implementation of this project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (805) 498-2385
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15250, 15251(c)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project fulfills the requirement under Coastal Development Permit No. 4-14-0687.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.