Sheills Creek Culvert Clean-Out (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0219-R5)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Sheills Creek Culvert Clean-Out (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0219-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Permittee proposed to conduct work associated with the maintenance of a road crossing over Sheills Canyon Creek. Work will consist of the removal of excess sediment and vegetation from within the channel to restore conveyance capacity of the culverts associated with the crossing. Once the initial sediment and vegetation activities have occurred, maintenance will continue to keep vegetation under control and, if needed, additional sediment removal efforts will occur. Pipelines for oil and water are present on the upstream side of the culverts and a gas line is present immediately downstream. Restoring channel capacity will reduce the potential for high volume flows to come in contact wit these pipelines.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (562) 319-3045
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- Maintenance of an existing facility (road crossing and culvert) to restore streamflow through clearing of debris.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.