Operation of a 3 Million Gallon Water Tank & Transmission Pipeline
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Operation of a 3 Million Gallon Water Tank & Transmission Pipeline
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The State Water Resources Control Board, as the responsible agency, will be issuing a water supply permit. The Santa Margarita Water District completed construction of a water quality tank on February 15, 2016 and a 20 foot wide access road to the tank from Ranch Road on August 30, 2016. A 3 million gallon tank was constructed on September 9, 2016. The tank, approximately 40 feet in height, was built with a tank leak detection system and electrical power by a photovoltaic system, with underground facilities to allow for potential connection to a nearby commercial power system in the future. A transmission pipeline from the tank was also constructed on September 9, 2016. The pipeline is 11,500 feet long and consists of a 24 inch cement-motor-lined and coated steel pipe. The piping run beneath access road for most of the length, with 4,800 feet along a sewer line right away from the road and 1,400 feet in the open space area between the road and the tanks.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
605 West Santa Ana P.O. Box 100
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone : (714) 558-4410
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,60101 C:1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of operation of existing facilities involving no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agencies determination. The State Water Board is a responsible agency for this project and is not responsible for the California Department of Fish and Wildlife fees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.