2017-2018 Batiquitos Lagoon Maintenance Dredging
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- 2017-2018 Batiquitos Lagoon Maintenance Dredging
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Maintenance dredging of Batiquitos Lagoon to remove sand from the flood shoal. Sand from the nearshore area is drawn into the lagoon by tidal action and forms the shoal. Shoal material has been tested and determined to be minimum 90% sand. Sand will be placed back on adjacent beaches, consistent with state and federal regulations. Dredging and redistribution will occur outside of avian nesting and grunion spawning seasons.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3838 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 627-3939
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304(g) - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is part of the ongoing maintenance of the 1997 Batiquitos Lagoon Restoration Project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.