Yosemite West Hazardous Fuel Reduction Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Yosemite West Hazardous Fuel Reduction Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project consists of hazardous fuel reduction addressing severe tree mortality, reducing stem density, and increasing defensible space around habitable structures. Dead, over crowded trees will be removed to create an open canopy and improve forest health and vigor.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Class of Exemption to be used is 14 CCr 15304 - minor alterations to land. Field review by CAL FIRE staff confirmed that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of Exemption for this project. The department has concluded that no significant environmental impact would occur to aesthetics, agriculture and forestland/timberland, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology and soils, greenhouse gas emissions, hazards and hazardous materials, hydrology and water quality, land use planning, mineral resources, noise ,population and housing, public services, recreation, transportation/traffic, or to utilities and service systems.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.