Bear River Pines Fuel Reduction Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (Cal Fire)
- Document Title
- Bear River Pines Fuel Reduction Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Bear River Pines Fuel Reduction Project is a shaded fuel break that will include thinning from below to remove dead, diseased and suppressed trees. Thinning will be implemented through a combination of the following: mastication, handwork and pile burn, or handwork and chopping on a total of 100 acres. Burning will occur on the handwork acres and piles will be no larger than 8x8. This work focuses on reducing fire hazard, improving ingress/egress throughout the community and improving forest health.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15304 C:14
- Reasons for Exemption
- Field review by CAL FIRE staff confirmed that no exceptions apply which would preclude the use of a Notice of Exemption for this project. The department has concluded that no significant environmental impact would occur to aesthetics, agriculture and forestland/timberland, air quality, biological resources, cultural resources, geology and soils, greenhouse gas emissions, hazards and hazardous materials, hydrology and water quality, land use planning, mineral resources, noise ,population and housing, public services, recreation, transportation/traffic, or to utilities and service systems.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.