Bay Flat Road Ditch Excavation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Bay Flat Road Ditch Excavation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project would include removal of sediment and invasive plants at six adjacent locations along Bay Flat Road. The ditches currently receive storm water from the road and hillslope seeps, and exhibit wetland swale characteristics. The project will include excavation of the ditch to the design depth of one foot and 3.5 feet wide. Excavation will not permanently change hydrology of adjacent wetlands, but will allow for greater capacity to address current flooding since the ditches have not been cleared since the 1990s. The ditches should continue to exhibit wetland swale characteristic with regrowth of the native plants and thus, impacts to 0.03 acres of wetlands will be temporary.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2830
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves maintenance of the existing roadside ditch to the design depth of the structure for the purpose public safety flood control, with no expansion of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.