Via Vallena - Shorecliffs Golf Course Landslide Repair
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 9 (San Diego), San Diego (Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 9)
- Document Title
- Via Vallena - Shorecliffs Golf Course Landslide Repair
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Two landslides have occurred - one in 2006 and another in 2011. A total of seven homes have been red-tagged and/or demolished as a result of these landslides. At least five other properties have sustained significant damage. Near vertical head scarps are present at both landslides. The project will repair slope failures adjacent to the 5th Hole of Shore cliffs Golf Course so that it prevents further failures and loss of property. Project activities consist of the installation of a 7 foot by 6 foot box culvert from the I-5 Freeway to the Via Cascadita storm drain, for the purpose of carrying nuisance water and storm flows that have eroded the toe of the slope over time.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 9
2375 Norhtside Drive, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108
Phone : (619) 521-3005
- San Clemente
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301 C:1
- Reasons for Exemption
- A series of occurrences have created a potential for further landslides. The continuing cracks and erosion caused by the previous landslides and rainfall have resulted in an imminent threat to property.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.