Culvert Replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0563-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Culvert Replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0563-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to replacement of 2 existing culverts, which are rusted, and are starting to cause failure to the driveway surface. The old 42 inch culverts will be replaced with two new 42" x 27"-long polyethylene culverts in the same footprint. There are existing concrete head and endwalls, which will remain in place. The old pipes will be cut out of the cast concrete, and the new pipes will be inserted into the existing headwall forms. The new culverts will be bedded with 1/2" minus crushed base rock in the channel, with popcorn slurry concrete mix around the pipes to hold them in place. The concrete slurry will be compacted with vibratory compactor. Rebar will be installed in both directions over the culverts and capped with a 6" thick concrete top consisting of 6 sack 3/4" mix concrete. If water is present in the channel, water will be dammed using sandbags and pumped around the worksite.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15302 - Class 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is replacement of an existing stream crossing facility in the same location for the same purpose.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.