North Campus Western Border Tree Removal and Restoration Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Document Title
- North Campus Western Border Tree Removal and Restoration Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Santa Barbara Campus proposes to remove 32 dead eucalyptus trees ranging from 6 to 32-inch dbh located in the dispersed/broken eucalyptus window along the west side of North Campus Faculty Housing and restore the area with the native oak trees. The 32 trees to be removed are Tasmanian blue gum and were determined to be dead by a certified arborist. Some of the trees are approximately 87 to 97 years old, have exceeded their lifespan. The trees are dead as a result of their agree and the long term regional drought. Due to a public trail and residential areas in the proximity of the trees, the trees have been determined to present a public safety and fire hazard. Tree removal would occur outside the bird nesting season.
- Contact Information
University of California, Santa Barbara
Office of Campus Planning & Design
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
Phone : (805) 893-3796
- Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The trees are dead and pose a threat to public safety. Tree work will take place outside of bird nesting season and this is a restoration project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.