Sunset Area Plan/Placer Ranch Specific Plan
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Placer County
- Document Title
- Sunset Area Plan/Placer Ranch Specific Plan
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Project Applicant
- Placer Ranch Inc.
- Document Description
- On December 10, 2019, the Board of Supervisors of the County of Placer approved the Sunset Area Plan and Placer Ranch Specific Plan (SCH #2016112012) and certified the related Environmental Impact Report (EIR), which included programmatic-level environmental analysis of a 301-acre Off- Campus Center to be affiliated with CSU, Sacramento and located within the Placer Ranch Specific Plan area. The Board of Trustees of The California State University is a Responsible Agency with respect to Placer County’s CEQA action as it is a public agency with some discretionary authority over a portion of that project (CEQA Guidelines Section 15381). Specifically, the Board of Trustees is required to satisfy its obligations as a Responsible Agency as to the preliminary site plans and initial phases of infrastructure and facility development on the proposed Off-Campus Center, at the time of approval of the acceptance of the gift of real property from Placer Ranch Inc.
- Contact Information
CSU Chancellor’s Office
Board of Trustees, The California State University
401 Golden Shore
Long Beach, CA 90802-4210
Phone : (562) 951-4000
- Other Location Info
- The Placer Ranch Specific Plan area encompasses 2,213 acres within the 8,497-acre Sunset Area Plan area in unincorporated Placer County, between the existing Sunset Boulevard West alignment, west of Fiddyment Road, and the city of Lincoln on the north; Roseville city limits on the south; State Route 65 and the cities of Rocklin and Lincoln on the east; and South Dowd Road and farmland to the west. Real property totaling 301 acres, owned by Placer Ranch Inc. and proposed as a gift to California State University, Sacramento (CSU, Sacramento) for future development as an Off-Campus Center, is located in the southern portion of the Placer Ranch Specific Plan Area, approximately one mile west of the interchange of State Route 65 and Sunset Boulevard.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- the Board of Trustees of The California State University
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- Draft Environmental Impact Report: https://www.placer.ca.gov/2702/SunsetArea-Plan---Placer-Ranch-Specific#tab40562e19-7975- 40f0-931a105b173f34f3_1) Final Environmental Impact Report including Errata and appendices and references there to: https://www.placer.ca.gov/2702/Sunset-Area-Plan---PlacerRanch-Specific#tab40562e19-7975- 40f0-931a-105b173f34f3_0 Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations: https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/41408/02A-.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2016112012_Sunset Area PlanPlacer Ranch Specific Plan PDF 158 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.