Alameda Marina Shoreline Improvement Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit Minor Amendment No. 2081-2020-009-07-A1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marin Region 7 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Alameda Marina Shoreline Improvement Project (California Endangered Species Act Incidental Take Permit Minor Amendment No. 2081-2020-009-07-A1)
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- This Project involves the redevelopment and improvement of 20.87 acres of the Alameda Marina to address climate resiliency and to rehabilitate the existing marina. Project activities include riprap removal and placement, seawall maintenance, wharf refurbishment, outfall installation, marina reconfiguration, and a boat hoist installation and removal, and other activities associated with mobilization and demobilization. This ITP Amendment (Minor Amendment No. 1) extends the Project completion date to November 30, 2022 and allows limited impact hammering of piles less than 30” in diameter to occur as needed until the Project is completed. The Amended Project will result in impacts to 0.22 acres Longfin Smelt (Spirinchus thaleichthys) and Chinook Salmon (Oncorhynchus tshawytscha) habitat including temporary impacts to 17 acres; The project is expected to result in incidental take of Longfin Smelt and Spring Run Chinook, designated as threatened, and Winter Run Chinook Salmon which is designated as an endangered species under the California Endangered Species Act. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife
3637 Westwind Blvd.
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 791-4195
Pacific Shops, Inc./Alameda Marina, LLC
- Other Location Info
- The Alameda Marina Shoreline Improvement Project is located within the Oakland Inner Harbor Channel along the Oakland estuary, which is located immediately South of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge within the City of Alameda, Alameda County, at 1815 Clement Avenue.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The EIR prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed for the lead agency. CDFW's administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- Final_ITP_AlamedaMarina_Amend1_NOD_201123 PDF 237 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.