Hot Springs Road Bridge Replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0378-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Alpine County
- Document Title
- Hot Springs Road Bridge Replacement (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2018-0378-R2)
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Project Applicant
- Alpine County Comm. Dev.
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2018-0378-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to the project Applicant, the Alpine County Community Development Department. The project is limited to the removal and replacement of an existing single-span concrete and steel girder bridge over Hot Springs Creek. The new bridge would be a cast-in-place prestressed concrete slab bridge. It would be located along the existing alignment but would be shifted slightly east of the existing bridge to reduce the severity of the approach curve from the north. It would be approximately 34 feet, ten inches wide by approximately 78 feet long with a traveled way width of 22 feet. The shoulder would be wide enough to accommodate one bicycle lane in each direction. The bridge would be a single-span structure on two concrete abutments founded on driven steel piles or cast-in-drilled-hole concrete piles using wet construction methods. New concrete bridge barriers with tubular steel rails and upgraded approach guardrails would also be installed. See NOD for Full Details.
- Contact Information
Department of Fish and Wildlife
1701 Nimbus Road
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2955
- Other Location Info
- The project is located at Hot Springs Creek, in the County of Alpine, State of California; Latitude 38.698605, Longitude -119.825886; Section 91, Township 10 North, Range 20 East, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) map ‘Markleeville, California’, Mt. Diablo base and meridian.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The mitigated negative declaration prepared for the project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency. CDFW’s record of project approval as Responsible Agency is available at CDFW’s regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2016102002_2018-0378_NOD-MND PDF 283 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.