Alamitos Generating Station Battery Energy Storage System
NOD - Notice of Determination
Present Land Use
Designated "LUD No. 7; mixed uses" and zoned "planned development district 1 (PD-1), Sub area 19" (SEADIP)
AES Southland Energy, LLC proposes to construct a 300 megawatt battery energy system (BESS) facility at the existing Alamitos Generating Station. The BESS would consist of three 50-foot high buildings and would be constructed within an existing surface parking lot on the generating station property. The project would include ancillary facilities such as a chiller plant (utilized as a cooling system for BESS facilities) and necessary utility connections.
333 W. Ocean Blvd., 5th Floor, Long Beach, CA 90802
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.