Buckingham Park Water District Retaining Wall (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0170-R2)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 2 (Rancho Cordova) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2)
- Document Title
- Buckingham Park Water District Retaining Wall (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0170-R2)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2016-0170-R2, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Buckingham Park Water District has represented by Nakia Foskett. The project is limited to the diversion of water from Clear Lake in compliance with pre-1914 riparian water rights and the replacement of an existing retaining wall on Clear Lake. The new retaining wall will be constructed of metal Z-style sheet piles and about the existing timber wall. Work will be conducted when lake levels are low. Sheet piles will be lifted into place with a crane and hammered in using pile driving equipment. One of two options will be used for the installation of the sheet piles: Method 1 would use a variable moment vibratory hammer system and Method 2 would use press technology which is a noise reduced and vibration less driving system No vegetation will be removed for this project. Once the new retaining wall is in place, the existing timber wall will be removed. Water will be diverted from Clear Lake year round for municipal use in compliance with the pre-1914 riparian water rights. Diversion rate of approximately 250 gallons per minute, with a max of 350 gallons per minute will be maintained.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2953
- 39°0.0249'"N 122°45.06276'"W
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15302,15303 C:2,3
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not have a significant effect on the environment. The project has been determined to meet the requirements of the Categorical Exemption selected above, and does not include any of the Exceptions pursuant to CCR, Title 14, Division 6, Chapter 3, Article 19, Section 15300.2.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.