McConnell/Bullock Water Diversion and Erosion Control Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0088-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- McConnell/Bullock Water Diversion and Erosion Control Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0088-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to eight encroachments. These encroachments include two points of water diversion. The POD is located on Jones Creek and provides water for domestic use and irrigation. Work will include maintenance and use of the diversion. The other seven encroachments are upgrades at stream crossing locations to install armored rocked fords, upgrade an existing culvert, and decommission a stream crossing. These projects will minimize sediment delivery rates to jurisdictional streams. Work for these encroachments will include excavation, removal and placement of a culvert, and placement of rock armoring as needed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-5900
- 40.0088°'"N 123.8336°'"W
- Parcel #
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to reduce current rates of erosion associated with unauthorized installation of stream crossings. The work will include use and maintenance of the water diversion infrastructure. There would be no significant adverse impact on endangered, rare or threatened species or their habitat pursuant to section n15065. There are no hazardous materials at or around the project site that may be disturbed or removed. The project will not result in impacts that are significant when viewed in connection with the effects of past projects, the effects of other current projects, and the effects of probable future projects.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.