Baran Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0381-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1E (Eureka) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E)
- Document Title
- Baran Remediation Project (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0381-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife has executed Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement Number 1600-2015-0381-R1, pursuant to Section 1602 of the Fish and Game Code to Ms. Leah Baran. The project consists of work at twelve encroachments. These encroachments include one point of water diversion on an Unnamed Tributary to the Eel River, the removal of perched fill in or near streams at three locations, the installation of three permanent culverts, the removal and abandonment of one road/stream crossing, the removal and abandonment of one developed pad adjacent to a stream, and the maintenance and repair of dams on three ponds.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1E
Eureka Office 619 Second Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone : (707) 441-2011
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project proposes to remediate impacts from unpermitted water diversion and stream channel modifications. Work was conducted without a streambed alteration Agreement (Fish & Game Code Section 1602) on or before June 24, 2015. The project will also prevent sediment from reentering streams, violations of FGC Section 5650. This is an action by regulatory agency to enforce or revoke a lease, permit, license, certificate, or other entitlement for use issued, adopted, or prescribed by the regulatory agency or enforcement of a law, general rule, standard, or objective, administered or adopted by the regulatory agency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.