Scatena Residence Seep Well (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0122-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Scatena Residence Seep Well (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2016-0122-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDFW has executed lake and streambed alteration agreement no. 1600-2016-0122-R1, pursuant to section 1602 of the fish and game code to Mr. Larry Scatena. The project is limited to replacement of an existing seep well on the bank of the Trinity River, to provide domestic water supply to an existing home on the legal parcel recognized as 015-440-59-00. Additionally, the project includes the diversion of water from underflow of the Trinity River, pursuant to a legal water right. Currently, the BLM owns the river frontage on this parcel, and therefore holds the riparian basis of claim for a riparian water right. Because the well is placed on BLM's land, a riparian water right cannot be claimed for water used on the adjacent parcel. Permission, including easements or use permits, shall be obtained by the permittee in order to place the well on BLM property. The edge of the new well, including excavation, shall be no closer than 15 ft to the edge of the active bank of the stream. All spoils shall be placed no closer than 25 ft from the bank of the channel.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2239
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is limited to replacement of an existing seep well to serve a single family residence. The project will not result in impacts with regards to an environmental resource of hazardous or critical concern, nor will it place new impacts in an area with unique or unusual circumstances.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.