Bridge Seismic Safety Retrofit Project in Sacramento and San Joaquin Counties, EA# 03-3F090 [California Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 3 (Marysville) (California Department of Transportation, District 3)
- Document Title
- Bridge Seismic Safety Retrofit Project in Sacramento and San Joaquin Counties, EA# 03-3F090 [California Endangered Species Act (CESA) Incidental Take Permit No.
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Project is limited to the retrofit of the existing Paintersville River Bridges (Bridge No. 240053). The Bridge Inspection Reports for this structure indicate that seismic retrofit work is needed on the bridge. The work will ensure that the structure performs adequately in a seismic event. Proposed Construction will last two seasons beginning March 2019. The Project is expected to cause the permanent loss of 0.009 acres of in-water habitat for the Covered Species and temporary loss of 0.012 acres of in-water habitat for the Covered Species as well as 0.0005 acres of permanent riparian impacts and 0.148 acres of temporary riparian impacts. The Project is expected to result in incidental take of Chinook Salmon - Central Valley Spring Run, which are designated as a threatened species under CESA and the incidental take of Chinook Salmon - Sacramento River Winter Run and Delta Smelt, both designated as an endangered species under CESA as well as Longfin Smelt designated as a threatened species under CESA. The ITP referenced above as issued by CDFW authorizes incidental take of species listed under CESA that may occur as a result of Project implementation.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW)
Bay Delta Region 2825 Cordelia Road, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 95434
Phone : (707) 428-2093
- 38.318673°'"N 121.577867°'"W
- Other Location Info
- The Caltrans Bridge Seismic Retrofit - Paintersville (03-SAC-160-3F090) Project (Project) is located on the Paintersville Bridge (Bridge No. 24-0053) over the Sacramento River and the associated floodplain on State Route 160 north and southbound lanes at Post Mile (PM) 20.87, Sacramento County, in the State of California. In the Courtland USGS 7.5 minute quadrangle.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The Environmental Impact Report was prepared by the lead agency for the Project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the lead agency. CDFW's administrative record of proceedings related to the incidental take permit is available to the public for review at CDFW's regional office.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2016072040 (2) PDF 3325 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.