SCRRA Replacement of the San Juan Creek Bridge on the Orange County Line
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Southern California Regional Rail Authority
- Document Title
- SCRRA Replacement of the San Juan Creek Bridge on the Orange County Line
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the proposed bridge replacement project is to replace the existing single track bridge over San Juan Creek with a new single track bridge to increase safety and reduce maintenance needs by increasing the load rating and the foundation depths. In addition to the new San Juan Creek bridge, modifications will be made to siding track, a set-out track, communications and signal system and other infrastructure located within the project right-of-way.
- Contact Information
Southern California Regional Rail Authority
700 South Flower Street, 26th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0425
Phone : (909) 451-2343
- San Juan Capistrano
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:21080(b)(1), 15275(a)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State CEQA Guidelines provide a series of Statutory Exemptions for actions that have been deemed by the State Legislature to be exempt from the California Environmental Quality act (CEQA). The proposed replacement of the San Juan Creek railroad bridge has been determined to qualify for a Statutory Exemption under paragraph 21080(b)(10) of the CEQA statute and the State CEQA Guidelines. Section 15285(a). Replacement of the existing San Juan Creek rail bridge will enhance safety of future rail operations. The proposed installation of the new bridge and continued operation of passenger trains as part of the Metrolink System along the Orange County Subdivision have been determined to be statutorily exempt under CEQA since the proposed improvements will support mass transit passenger train operations conducted by Metrolink. Therefore this action qualifies with the requirements for a statutory exemption under paragraph 21080(b)(10) of the CEQA statute.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.