Union Pacific Railroad, Valley Subdivision, Milepost 252.81 Bridge Replacement Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Union Pacific Railroad, Valley Subdivision, Milepost 252.81 Bridge Replacement Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Union Pacific Railroad Company (UPRR) proposes to replace the existing railroad bridge at MP 252.81 on the Valley Subdivision with a new structure at the same location, which is within the corporate limits of the City of Redding, in Shasta County, California.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
415 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 100
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4845
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15302 C:2
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project constitutes "replacement or reconstruction of where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced, and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced" (Class 2, CEQA Guidelines §15302[b]). In addition, the project is for the "institution or increase of passenger or commuter services on rail or highway right-of-way already in use, including modernization of existing stations and parking facilities" (PRC §21080(b)(10) and CEQA Guidelines.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.