The project is for a Coastal Development Permit for the second phase of the Newport Coastal Trail (an existing 1.3 mile length of the CA Coastal Trail on the Newport Ranch property). The proposed project will include (1) a 4-car parking lot encompassing approx. 6,970 sq. ft.; 2) an approx. two-foot wide trail within a ten foot wide easement area, approx. 1,200 feet in length, connecting the existing trail to an observation platform area; and, 3) construction of an approx. 256 sq. ft. observation platform within the observation easement area. The project will also include management signs and fencing to separate cattle from hikers on the trail.
860 N. Bush Street, Ukiah, CA 95482
120 W. Fir Street Fort. Bragg, CA 95437
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.