USCG Station Humboldt Bay Dredging Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- USCG Station Humboldt Bay Dredging Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the Project is to restore and maintain construction depth at the Applicant's Coast Guard station boat basin, located on the inland side of the north spit in Samoa, Humboldt Bay. The Applicant proposes to use a clamshell dredge to remove approximately 1,730 cubic yards, but no more than 2,000 cubic yards of sediment from an approximately 0.27 acre area. Approximately 801 cubic yards of dredged material would be removed to reach the dredging depth of -8 mean lower low water (MLLW), an approximately 929 cubic yards of material would be removed to reach the allowable two feet over depth dredging elevation of -10 MLLW. Dredge material will be disposed of at the Humboldt Open Ocean Disposal Site (HOODS).
- Contact Information
Matt St. John
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : 707-576-22699
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Dredging spoils are approved by the United States Environmental Protection Agency to be deposited at the Humboldt Open Ocean Disposal Site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.