Lower Deer Creek Falls Fish Passage Improvements
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Redding
- Document Title
- Lower Deer Creek Falls Fish Passage Improvements
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Lower Deer Creek Falls Fish Passage Proejct has a small footprint (less than 5 acres of disturbance) that will improve fish passage for salmon and steelhead at Lower Deer Creek Fall in Tehema County (40, 10' 4.51" N; - 121, 34' 53" W). The proejct will remove an existing fish way and install an improved fish way in mostly the same location. The project will be carried out with hand labor, small equipment and helicopter support. The project will benefit endangered salmon and steelhead.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
364 Knollcrest Drive, Suite 205
Redding, CA 96002
Phone : (530) 224-4997
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is less than 5 acres in extent and will improve spawning and access to cold water habitat for endangered salmon and steelhead. Permanent welland impacts are 0.07 acres.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.