The Buena Vista Lagoon Cattail Maintenance
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 5 (San Diego) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5)
- Document Title
- The Buena Vista Lagoon Cattail Maintenance
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Buena Vista Lagoon cattail maintenance project involves the cutting of approximately eight acres of cattails within the lagoon. Vegetation will be cut at or just below water level to increase vector control effectiveness and increase water circulation. Cattails will be cut in a crosshatching fashion using hand tools. Rhizomes will not be dug out and no soil will be disturbed or removed. Cut vegetation will be removed. Cattail removed will occur from September 1 to February 14 to avoid the avian breeding season.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92123
Phone : (858) 627-3939
- Carlsbad Oceanside
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will involve minor alterations to vegetation within an existing state-designated Ecological Reserve to aid vector control efforts and will also enhance foraging habitat for fish and wildlife. Thinning of dense stands of vegetation will also facilitate movement of the Federal- and State-listed Endangered light-footed Ridgway's rail at the Ecological Reserve.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.