Water Meter Installation Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Biggs, City of (City of Biggs)
- Document Title
- Water Meter Installation Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The City of Biggs is seeking funding through the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Program, administered by California State Water Resources Control Board, to complete a project to install water meters in furtherance of the City's obligations pursuant to Sections 525-529 of the State Water code. The project will allow the city to install approximately 240 new water meters thus completing the City's effort to install meters on all water utility services in the City. The new meters will consist of meters of either ¾ of 2-inch in size, having automatic read capability. The proposed project will install meters at existing water service locations where no meters currently exist. All meters will be located within the public street right-of-way or public utility easement area and will serve existing lots with existing water service customers. The proposed project would "cut-in" the new water meters and support equipment, consisting of meter stops, meter boxes and lids. Meter locations will vary between turf, landscape and gravel, and areas of paving and improved surface areas depending on the situation. Construction activity would include minor excavation of the existing water line using hand-tools and potentially a backhoe excavator. No soil spoils would be disposed of, no material hauling would be necessary and extended linear excavation will be required. Upon completion of the meter installation, all disturbed areas will be replaced and restored to their pre=disturbed condition. All meters will be installed within the public right-of-way or within close proximity to the public right-of-way where the existing service line or meter is located in a public utility or service easement and all activity will be located within developed urbanized areas of the city. No meters will be installed to undeveloped lots or properties.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project would install new water meters within the footprint of the existing water utility system and in locations where existing water services currently exist. The project is a minor operation and maintenance project involving no expansion of the water utility system and undertaken only at locations having an existing water service connection (15301). The project would not construct any new physical structures and consists only of small, utility support equipment (15303). Installation of new meters would require the excavation of a small area of ground for each meter which would then be placed back into the excavation and the surface restored (15304).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.