Approval to enter lands owned by the California Department of Fsh and Wildlife for Education and Dune Restoration Activities
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Approval to enter lands owned by the California Department of Fsh and Wildlife for Education and Dune Restoration Activities
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Approximtely 800 grade school students from Humboldt County will travel by bus to the South Spit to participate in dune restoration activities to promote ocean conservation as part of a statewide event (Ocean Day). Prior to event, docents from Friends of the Dunes will visit participating classrooms to educate the students about dune ecology, restoration and logistics for the event. Upon arriving at the South Spit, students will be accompanied by a BLM staff person and Friends of the Dunes docent to their school's plot to hand pull invasive European beach grass. Parking and restrooms will be located on Table Bluff County Park.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 459-1129
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15306, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alterations to land and Information Collection.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.