Temporary Emergency Permit for Treatment by Detonation, Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Temporary Emergency Permit for Treatment by Detonation, Naval Air Station (NAS) North Island
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), pursuant to authority granted under Chapter 6.5, Cal. Code Regs., Title 22, Section 66270.61, will issue an Emergency Permit to NAS North Island located in San Diego, California, to treat hazardous waste by open detonation. The items requested to be treated are : two (2) M116A1 Grenade Simulators (L601), one 3-inch projectile of unknown nomenclature, one MK84 MOD 1SUS, and one Signal smoke and illumination MK124 Mod0. The items were generated from Navy training on base and are determined to be an explosive hazard by authorized Explosive Ordinance and Disposal (EOD) personnel. These items are currently being stored at NAS North Island in an EOD safe holding area. As NAS North Island does not have a permit for treatment of hazardous waste at this location, DTSC has determined that an emergency permit must be issued. There is no alternative treatment available.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3000
Phone : (916) 255-3742
- Other Information
- Naval Air Facility (NAF) El Centro, CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed detonation will be performed in a manner that minimizes potential environmental effects or impacts.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.