Increase in Passenger Train Operations from Six to Eight Trains along the San Joaquin Corridor
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 7 (Los Angeles) (California Department of Transportation, District 7)
- Document Title
- Increase in Passenger Train Operations from Six to Eight Trains along the San Joaquin Corridor
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of the proposed project is to increase the number of round-trip passenger train operations along the San Joaquin Corridor to provide better service and accommodate future anticipated growth of passengers using Amtrak trains along this corridor.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 7
100 South Main Street, MS-16A
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone : (213) 897-3643
- Alameda Contra Costa Merced Sacramento San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:21080(b)(11); 15275
- Reasons for Exemption
- The State CEQA Guidelines provide a series of Statutory Exemptions for actions that have been deemed by the State Legislature to be totally exempt from compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). The proposed increase in passenger train operations from six to eight round-trip trains per day has been determined to qualify for a Statutory Exemption under Paragraph 21080.(b)(11) CEQA Statute and the State CEQA Guidelines, Section 15275. Statutory exemption 15275 states "CEQA does not apply to the following mass transit projects: (a) the institution or increase of passenger or commuter service on rail lines or high-occupancy vehicle lanes already in use, including the modernization of existing stations and parking facilities… initiation of the two additional trains per day along the San Joaquin Corridor has been determined to not fall under the jurisdiction of CEQA and the State CEQA Guidelines because it consist of an action to increase passenger service along an existing passenger train route. Therefore, this action qualifies with the requirements for a Statutory Exemption, under Paragraph 21080(b)(11) of the CEQA Statute and Section 15275 of the State CEQA Guidelines.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.