Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0442-R1, Powley Creek Weirs Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0442-R1, Powley Creek Weirs Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the installation of 12-inch thick reinforced concrete aprons within the stream channel at two locations for the diversion of water as per legal water right(s). The aprons will be triangular in shape with each side measuring 13 feet 10 inches in length. Half-inch thick steel plates will be embedded six inches into the concrete aprons, and extend 18 inches above the aprons. Notches in these plates will proportionately divide the flow of the water as per legal water right(s). Diversion apron structures will be fabricated off-site and hauled to the locations for installation to minimized disturbance to the stream channel. In addition, and as part of a larger project, off channel alternative stock watering systems will be installed to keep livestock away from the riparian areas.
- Contact Information
Donna L. Cobb
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2314
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301 C:1
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is the installation of splitter boxes at two locations for the diversion of water. The project will be implementing in the dry season. There will be no removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees as a result of this project; the project will have no significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.