Buttonwillow Safety Roadside Rest Area- New Tank and New Well to Replace Existing System Project (Project)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans, District 6 - Fresno/Bakersfield (California Department of Transportation, District 6)
- Document Title
- Buttonwillow Safety Roadside Rest Area- New Tank and New Well to Replace Existing System Project (Project)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Project Applicant
- State Water Resources
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation replaced a 450-foot, 384-gallon-per-minute (gpm) well and 15-horsepower pump with a new 600-foot, 420-gpm well and 25-horsepower pump. The well and pump were installed on a 403 ft2 concrete slab, near the existing well and pump, at the Buttonwillow Safety Roadside Rest Area, on the northbound side. A 3,000-gallon water storage tank was replaced with a 4,500-gallon tank. A new two to three inch 20-foot water line was installed from the new well to the tank. The piping included a flow meter. The tank will provide water for north and south bound irrigation and for the north and south bound comfort stations. Approximately three-inch wide piping about 1,090 feet long (main line) was also installed to connect the well to the northbound rest stop area and existing Northbound comfort station line. A four-inch diameter, 80-foot long pipe was installed to connect the tank to the existing irrigation system. A .500-gallon bladder tank was installed in the utility room of the northbound comfort station. Existing water lines outside the fence were kept in place. The old tank, chlorination system, and chlorination system enclosure within the fence was removed. The old well was decommissioned. The Project construction was completed on September 18, 2019. The Project will provide for the operation of the system.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
265 West Bullard Avenue, Suite 101
Fresno, CA 93704
Phone : (559) 447-3300
- Other Location Info
- In the vicinity of 1-5 at mile post 54.1-mile marker in Buttonwillow within Kern County.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1 Existing Facilities (California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Division 6, Chapter 3, Article 19, Section 15301)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Project is Class 1, as it is an existing public facility used to provide public utility services and construction of the facility is complete, (Section 15301 (b)).
- Notice of Exemption
- 2016028439 PDF 1321 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.