Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Social Hall West Patio Reconstruction
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Reconstruct concrete patio at the Phoebe A. Hearst Social Hall at Asilomar State Beach and Conference Grounds to restore the patio to its original Julia Morgan Design. Work will:
- Remove existing redwood deck originally installed in the 1970s;
- Remove two Coffeeberry trees;
- Clear and level an approximately 160' long X 20' wide area;
- Install an approximately 160' long X 16' wide X 6" deep concrete patio set 2' deep and reuse original stone cobbles currently located along wall caps;
- Install curved concrete steps approximately 3' wide X 4' deep; and
- Use native soil and mulch to restore a 3300 SF area previously covered by wood deck
Project consists of the minor public alterations in the condition of land, and/or vegetation, which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees; and the restoration of historic resources in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.