City of Arcata: Arcata Ridge Trail Phase III -- Fickle Hill Segment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Arcata, City of (City of Arcata)
- Document Title
- City of Arcata: Arcata Ridge Trail Phase III -- Fickle Hill Segment
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project, which consists of forest road/trail construction and minor alteration of land upgrades including 1,600 linear feet of trail surfacing with all season rock/gravel, fabrication and installation of interpretive signage, road reshaping and drainage work, installation of trailside benches and a creek crossing bridge. The project provides public trail access from the county road (Fickle Hill) to the Arcata Community Forest to the north.
- Other Information
- 1736 Fickle Hill Road Arcata, CA
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303(e) - Class 3 (b)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed Arcata ridge trail Fickle Hill Segment Project is categorically exempt from the CEQA. The project, which consists of installation of approximately 1600 linear feet of trail surfacing with all season rock/gravel, fabrication, and installation of interpretive signage, and installation of trailside benches and trailhead kiosk, is within certain classes of projects that have been determined not to have a significant effect on the environment in that it meets criteria set forth in sections 15303(e), 15304 (a), and 15311(a) of the State CEQA Guidelines and Classes 3 (b), 4(a), 11(d) of the Environmental Document Reporting Procedures and Guidelines, appendix G, because it consists of construction of small new structures, minor alterations in the condition of land, and installation of on premise signs.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.