Meadow Lakes North Fuel Break Tree Felling Modification
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE)
- Document Title
- Meadow Lakes North Fuel Break Tree Felling Modification
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Meadow Lakes project is an existing shaded fuel break installed by CAL FIRE. This project provides connectivity to a series of adjacent fuel treatments on private and federal land to provide wildfire community defense to the surrounding communities of Meadow Lakes, Pine Ridge, and the upslope community of Shave Lake, CA. This project lies at approximately 4,500 feet encompassing 58 acres. Project area understory was removed during fuel break installation. The overstory trees consist of ponderosa pine, sugar pine and incense cedar. The combination of ongoing drought conditions and the increased population of bark beetles have resulted in almost 100% mortality of overstory conifers in the project area.
- Contact Information
Forestry and Fire Protection, Board of
210 S. Academy
Sangerz, CA 93657
Phone : (559) 493-4300
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301((c), 15304(f) - C 1 & 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities and Minor Alterations to land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.