Common Landowner Transfer of up to 861 acre-feet of Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency's Aproved 2015 State Water Project Water Supplies to Kern County
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Common Landowner Transfer of up to 861 acre-feet of Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency's Aproved 2015 State Water Project Water Supplies to Kern County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (AVEK) is a State Water Project (SWP) contractor. The proposed project is the transfer by AVEK of up to 861 acre-feet of its approved 2015 water supplies to Kern County Water Agency (KCWA) for Tejon Ranch Company, who farms in both Districts. The transfer will be completed in 2015, and is to enable both KCWA and AVEK users to better manage their respective water supplies. No lands will be fallowed as a result of the transfer and no additional groundwater will be pumped. The lands have been actively farmed in the past. The water will be delivered within the SWP Place of Use.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, Class 1: 1729 Water Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- State Water Project long-term water supply contract includes provisions for delivery within the SWP place of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.