Red Bank Creek Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0375-R1)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Fish & Wildlife 1 (Redding) (California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1)
- Document Title
- Red Bank Creek Maintenance (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0375-R1)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- In order to mitigate streambank erosion occurring along two 600-foot sections of streambank, the Permittee will reconfigure the low flow channel of the stream from the south bank to the center of the stream channel and shall have banks graded to at least 5:1 horizontal to vertical. Gravel removed during the construction of the low flow channel will be used to bolster the southern streambank where it is actively eroding by pushing it up the bank to establish a 6:1 horizontal to vertical streambank. Permittee may also remove salt cedar (Tamarix spp.) growing within the stream channel and along the streambank, collect and replant local cottonwood and willow cuttings, and relocate large woody debris that is redirecting stream flow towards the banks as part of the project. Whenever possible, large woody debris will be placed within the fill of the reconstructed streambank. Up to 500 cubic yards of stream material may be removed from the stream channel during the life of this agreement for onsite use.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 225-2124
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- s:15333, Class 33
- Reasons for Exemption
- Small Habitat Restoration Project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.