Shady Canyon Turtle Pond Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Activities (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0109-R5)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Shady Canyon Turtle Pond Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Activities (Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2015-0109-R5)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The pond currently supports a population of western pond turtle (Emys mamorata ssp. palida) that have been relocated to the area from developments in the region. Over time, the pond has collected naturally occurring sediment deposits, decreasing the size and depth of the pond. The project is limited to the removal of sediment from the pond to restore as-built conditions and the installation of two rock filled gabion structures upstream of the turtle pond to minimize future sediment deposition into the pond. Western pond turtles will be captured using turtle traps and seine nets and temporarily relocated prior to and during construction activities.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5
South Coast Region 3883 Ruffin Road
San Diego, CA 92024
Phone : (858) 467-4223
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Maintenance dredging and gabion installation will occur within a small area in order to enhance habitat for a sensitive species.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.