Consider Authorizing a Memorandum of Intent with the Bureau of Land Management for the Proposed Phase 1 Land Exchange Transaction Involving the Conveyance
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- California State Lands Commission
- Document Title
- Consider Authorizing a Memorandum of Intent with the Bureau of Land Management for the Proposed Phase 1 Land Exchange Transaction Involving the Conveyance
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Authorize the Memorandum of Intent with the Bureau of Land Management expressing the agenies' commitment to continue their cooperative efforts to pursue a series of land exchanges to meet the requirements of Division 7.7 of the California Public Resources Code. The proposed Phase 1 land exchange transaction involves the conveyance of 61,000+/- acres of school lands to the Bureau of Land Management for purposes of conservation, in excahange for 5,600+/- acres of federal lands with existing operational renewable energy facilities or lands that otherwise have potential to generate revenue for CalSTRS.
- Contact Information
California State Lands Commission
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100-South
Sacramento, CA 95825-8202
Phone : (916) 574-1900
- Inyo Riverside San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15378: 15060(c)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- Authorizetion of the Memorandum of Intent does not have a potential for resulting in either a direct or a reasonably foreseeable indirect physical change in the environment, and is, therefore, not a project in accordance with CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.