District Office Valve Cartridge Restoration
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- District Office Valve Cartridge Restoration
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project proposes to perform restoration of the existing 13 valve cartridges that operate the sinks, showers, and bathtubs in the historical facility that serves as the Angeles District office. These valve cartridges are aged and caked with mineral deposits. As a result, they no longer always completely seat closed and at times are found leaking. To remedy this, heavy force is being applied to close these valve which will cause more wear and potentially worsen the problem. This project would be completed through a public works contract that facilitates the removal, reconstruction, and replacement of these valve cartridges. All work will be completed following the Secretary of the Interiors guidelines for historical structures, matching in kind with no changes to function or aesthetics. Once this project is completed the district may conserve up to an estimated 10,000 gallons of water lost due to these malfunctioning valves.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1925 Las Virgenes Road
Calabasas, CA 91302-1909
Phone : (818) 880-0375
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- S:15301,15304,15331,Class 1,4,31
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities. Treatment of Historic Facilities. Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.